Re: BUG #2170: --rpath option is skipping shared libs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2170: --rpath option is skipping shared libs
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Lee Thompson <bm55b@yahoo.com> writes:
> Better version of patch.  Only kicks in when asked for
> with --enable-rpath_sl

You still haven't explained why such a change is needed.  We're unlikely
to accept a patch without explanation, especially given that the
existing build system works fine on all the platforms we support.

A good way of making such a case is to write the documentation addition
that this patch is lacking, explaining when and why people should use
this configure switch.

BTW, submitting patches against the configure script is useless, as that
is a derived file.