Re: large objects and pg 7.3.x

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: large objects and pg 7.3.x
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Andre Felipe Machado <andremachado@techforce.com.br> writes:
> Since pg 7.3.0, the prescribed workaround to create a new type "lo" does not
> work anymore.

I think this is just a matter of obsolete documentation --- if you can
point to where it still says to use a CREATE TYPE hack, we can fix it.
The easy way to define "lo" now is just as a domain over oid:
    CREATE DOMAIN lo AS oid;

> I already tested the semi-official postgresql-contrib package that contains a
> "lo" implementation in c and sql.

However, if you want the cleanup semantics that the contrib package
offers, by all means use it instead.  I don't believe ODBC should care
which way you've defined "lo".