Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
 Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
  Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
  Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Joe Conway, )
  Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Ron Johnson, )
   Re: EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
    Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
      Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Joe Conway, )
       Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
        Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
         Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Joe Conway, )
     Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Jan Wieck, )
      Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Tom Lane, )
       Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
       Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Jan Wieck, )
    Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Richard Huxton, )
     Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  (Scott Cain, )
      Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  ("Shridhar Daithankar", )
      Re: [SQL] EXTERNAL storage and substring on long strings  ("Matt Clark", )

Scott Cain <> writes:
>> (BTW, if you are using a multibyte database encoding, then that's your
>> problem right there --- the optimization is practically useless unless
>> character and byte indexes are the same.)

> I shouldn't be, but since it is an RPM, I can't be sure.

Look at "psql -l" to see what encoding it reports for your database.