Re: in-transaction insert performance in 7.5devel

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: in-transaction insert performance in 7.5devel
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

in-transaction insert performance in 7.5devel  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: in-transaction insert performance in 7.5devel  (Rod Taylor, )
 Re: in-transaction insert performance in 7.5devel  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: in-transaction insert performance in 7.5devel  (Rod Taylor, )
 Re: in-transaction insert performance in 7.5devel  (Tom Lane, )

"Merlin Moncure" <> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Does it help if you change FlushBuffer to release buffer lock while
>> flushing xlog?

> Putting your change in resulted in about a 15% increase in insert
> performance.  There may be some quirky things going on here with NTFS...

> I did an update clean from cvs and I noticed big speedup across the
> board.  Right now sync performance is right in line with my
> expectations.  In any case, I checked and confirm that there are no
> spurious fsyncs running when they are not supposed to be.

Was that 15% before or after updating from CVS?

The more I think about the looping aspect the less I like it, so I'd
prefer not to pursue making the unlock change for real.  But if it's
really a 15% win then maybe we need to...