pgAdmin4 - help adding new node to Browser Tree

От Warren Chan
Тема pgAdmin4 - help adding new node to Browser Tree
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

I'm trying to learn about the pgAdmin4 project and am hoping to make some contributions sometime in the future.

I'm new to Flask and python but am keen to learn.

While trying to familiarize myself with the application and the way it works, I've tried to create a 'test' node under the schema node, I want to list test items under this node - not listing anything particular at the moment but wanted to get an understanding of how the application ties together). In order to just get a new node added under schema, I've copied the sequence folder under \web\pgadmin\browser\server_groups\servers\databases\schemas and renamed the applicable folders to tests (I want a test node to appear under schema).

I've updated the \tests\_init_.py file so that the SequenceModule has been changed to TestModule (updated the NODE_TYPE etc). I've also updated the SequenceView to become TestView and other parts of the view like the template path etc.

In addition to this I've changed the name in the \tests\static\js\sequence.js file to \tests\static\js\test.js and have also updated the test.js file so that any references to sequence has been changed to test and have added 'pgadmin.node.tests' to the webpack.config.js and 'pgadmin.node.test': path.join(__dirname, './pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/tests/static/js/test') to the webpack.shim.js file

Doing this I was hoping that a new 'Test' node would appear under the schema directory and opening this node, would render all the sequences (as I haven't changed any of the sql). However I only get the new 'Test' node being rendered, and when I open this, I get a Server Node with the server I'm connected to being added, not the list of sequences I was hoping for.

Is there an additional setting / steps I need to add somewhere in order to get the TestView to render under the TestModule node?

I'd appreciate any pointers to get this working as the next thing I'd like, would be to start modifying the sql and getting different database objects being listed.

Best regards,
Warren Chan

Сообщение: Re: [pgAdmin][RM4979]: Configuration files for data sources or similar.
Сообщение: Re: [pgAdmin][RM4979]: Configuration files for data sources or similar.