Re: fsync failure in durable_unlink ignored in xlog.c?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fsync failure in durable_unlink ignored in xlog.c?
Дата
Re: fsync failure in durable_unlink ignored in xlog.c?  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2019-05-23 10:46:02 -0700, Mark Dilger wrote:
>> Is this code safe against fsync failures?  If so, can I get an explanation
>> that I might put into a code comment patch?

> What's the danger you're thinking of here? The issue with ignoring fsync
> failures is that it could be the one signal about data corruption we get
> for a write()/fsync() that failed - i.e. that durability cannot be
> guaranteed. But we don't care about the file contents of those files.

Hmm ... if we don't care, why are we issuing an fsync at all?

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: fsync failure in durable_unlink ignored in xlog.c?
Сообщение: Re: fsync failure in durable_unlink ignored in xlog.c?