Re: WIP: splitting BLCKSZ

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WIP: splitting BLCKSZ
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Mark Wong <markw@osdl.org> writes:
> I proposed to explore splitting BLCKSZ into separate values for logging
> and data to see if there might be anything to gain:
>     http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-03/msg00745.php
> My first pass was to do more or less a search and replace (attached) and
> I am already running into trouble with a 'make check' (below).  I'm
> guessing that when initdb is run, I'm not properly saving the values
> that I've defined for DATA_BLCKSZ and possibly LOG_BLCKSZ.

I'd suggest leaving BLCKSZ as-is and inventing XLOG_BLCKSZ to be used
only within the WAL code; should make for a *far* smaller patch.
Offhand I don't think that anything except xlog.c knows the WAL block
size --- it should be fairly closely associated with dependencies on
XLOG_SEG_SIZE, if you are looking for something to grep for.