Re: jsonb_set() strictness considered harmful to data

От Ariadne Conill
Тема Re: jsonb_set() strictness considered harmful to data
Дата
Re: jsonb_set() strictness considered harmful to data
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

January 17, 2020 5:21 PM, "Tomas Vondra" <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 05:24:05PM +1030, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 7:08 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> po 6. 1. 2020 v 22:34 odesílatel Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> napsal:
>>
>> Updated version including docco and better error message.
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> andrew
>>> I think so my objections are solved. I have small objection
>>>
>>> + errdetail("exception raised due to \"null_value_treatment := 'raise_exception'\""),
>>> + errhint("to avoid, either change the null_value_treatment argument or ensure that an SQL NULL is
>>> not used")));
>>>
>>> "null_value_treatment := 'raise_exception'\""
>>>
>>> it use proprietary PostgreSQL syntax for named parameters. Better to use ANSI/SQL syntax
>>>
>>> "null_value_treatment => 'raise_exception'\""
>>>
>>> It is fixed in attached patch
>>>
>>> source compilation without warnings,
>>> compilation docs without warnings
>>> check-world passed without any problems
>>>
>>> I'll mark this patch as ready for commiter
>>>
>>> Thank you for your work
>>
>> Thanks for the review. I propose to commit this shortly.
>
> Now that this was committed, I've updated the patch status accordingly.

Thank you very much for coming together and finding a solution to this bug!

Ariadne

Сообщение: Re: jsonb_set() strictness considered harmful to data
Сообщение: Re: jsonb_set() strictness considered harmful to data