Re: Per-function search_path => per-function GUC settings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Per-function search_path => per-function GUC settings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marko Kreen" <markokr@gmail.com> writes:
> On 9/1/07, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> One problem is that we'd have to make CURRENT a reserved word to make it
>> work exactly like that.  Can anyone think of a variant syntax that
>> doesn't need a new reserved word?

> SET var FROM CURRENT SESSION

Seems a little verbose, but maybe we could do "SET var FROM CURRENT"
or "SET var FROM SESSION"?

One point worth noting here is that this'd more or less automatically
apply to ALTER USER SET and ALTER DATABASE SET as well ... not sure
how much use-case there is for those, but it'd fall out ...