Re: cross compiling postgresql 8.0.1 -- suggestion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: cross compiling postgresql 8.0.1 -- suggestion
Дата
Re: cross compiling postgresql 8.0.1 -- suggestion  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-ports
Vladimir Bychkovsky <vladimir.bychkovsky@gmail.com> writes:
> A simple solution to this problem is to remove target zic from 'all'
> and add it to 'install' target. see attached patch.

This is no solution at all, surely.  Why would you assume that make
install is going to be done by the target architecture, or that the
target even has a compiler (much less the same compiler that the build
tree has been configured for)?  Besides, the problem isn't *building*
zic, it is *running* it.

> Please let me know if there is a better way to solve this problem.

There is prior discussion of this problem in the archives, but AFAIR
we didn't yet find a solution that people liked.