Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

От Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
Тема Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2008-11-02, at 02:02, Greg Smith wrote:

> Possible feedback topics:
>
> -Setting the next round of values requires asking the user for some
> input before making recommendations.  Is it worth building a curses-
> based interface to updating the values?  That would be really
> helpful for people with only ssh access to their server, but barring
> something like WCurses I'm not sure it would help on Windows.
>
> -How about a GUI one with Python's Tkinter interface?  Now Windows
> isn't a problem, but people using ssh aren't going to be as happy.
create interface , and module/library - that doesn't 1:1 reflect GUI -
and you'll be able to create interface in any language/toolkit.

Idea's great, I certainly know many ppl would love to see something
like that. Cos so far, whole 'adjust setting in postgresql.conf' thing
is a guess work. It would be even more good to put in some work into
auto tuning of pgsql itself, with manual override in
postgresql.conf :) (kinda like mssql).

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Block level concurrency during recovery
От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: pre-MED