Re: CREATE RULE problem/question requesting workaround

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CREATE RULE problem/question requesting workaround
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Chris Travers <chris@travelamericas.com> writes:
> On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 01:39, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Is it really not possible to express what you need with plain old SQL
>> permissions?  It seems like you are going out of your way to avoid the
>> obvious solution.

> Thanks-- as you can see, that is what the application was *designed* to
> use.  The problem is porting the application which was designed under
> the assumption that every user would have a database account into an
> environment where that is not possible.

I guess I'm questioning the assumption that that's not possible.
Having many users share an account when you want to enforce different
permissions for each user seems like a fundamentally bad idea.  Postgres
users are sufficiently lightweight entities that I think you could and
should just make more of 'em.