Re: Postgresql 8.0 beta 1 - strange cpu usage statistics and slow vacuuming

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgresql 8.0 beta 1 - strange cpu usage statistics and slow vacuuming
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Shelby Cain <alyandon@yahoo.com> writes:
> On a hunch, I turned fsync off and the performance
> jumped up to around the same performance I was getting
> running the cygwin 7.4.x port.

Ah-hah.  The win32 hackers should confirm this, but my recollection is
that sync/fsync are no-ops under Cygwin (one of the several reasons
we would never recommend that port for production use).  So this would
fit the assumption that the 7.4 code was simply not syncing.

Сообщение: Re: Postgres filling up hard drive with swap files
Сообщение: Re: Postgres filling up hard drive with swap files