Re: rows estimate in explain analyze for the BRIN index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: rows estimate in explain analyze for the BRIN index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Emre Hasegeli <emre@hasegeli.com> writes:
>> which is much closer to the actual number of rows removed by the index
>> recheck + the one left.

> Is it better to be closer?  We are saying those are the "actual"
> values not the estimates.  If we cannot provide the actual rows, I
> think it is better to provide nothing.

Return zero you mean?  Good point; there's precedent for that elsewhere
in EXPLAIN ANALYZE, IIRC.  If we do what I propose in my patch, it would
possibly just lead to more questions like Oleksii's, because people would
be even more likely to believe that the number is accurate.

Сообщение: Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?
Сообщение: Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?