Re: Remove xmin and cmin from frozen tuples

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remove xmin and cmin from frozen tuples
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I remember somebody mentioned some time ago that if you create a table
> and then crash before ending the transaction, the tuple in pg_class is
> no longer valid, but the file remains.

Right --- it will be removed on transaction rollback, but not if the
backend crashes first.  There was a patch submitted earlier this year to
try to clean out such files, but it got rejected (as too messy IIRC).
I think we still have a TODO item about it.