Re: [GENERAL] PG96 pg_restore connecting to PG95 causes ERROR: unrecognized configuration parameter "idle_in_transaction_session_timeout"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PG96 pg_restore connecting to PG95 causes ERROR: unrecognized configuration parameter "idle_in_transaction_session_timeout"
Дата
Ответ на [GENERAL] PG96 pg_restore connecting to PG95 causes ERROR: unrecognizedconfiguration parameter "idle_in_transaction_session_timeout"  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> When doing a dump+restore upgrade, it's commonly recommended to use the later
> version of pg_restore:

> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/upgrading.html
> "It is recommended that you use the pg_dump and pg_dumpall programs from the
> newer version of PostgreSQL, to take advantage of enhancements that might have
> been made in these programs. Current releases of the dump programs can read
> data from any server version back to 7.0."

That says to use the pg_dump version *corresponding to the destination
server version*, not the latest version you can find anywhere.

No version of pg_dump has ever promised that its output would load
perfectly cleanly into lower-version destination servers, and that's
not a set of new compatibility constraints that I'd want to take on.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Logical decoding CPU-bound w/ large number of tables
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Logical decoding CPU-bound w/ large number of tables