Re: constraint trigger

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: constraint trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Komaravolu, Satya" <satya.komaravolu@gilbarco.com> writes:
>     I'm running into the following error when i create a CONSTRAINT
> TRIGGER.

>  NOTICE:  ignoring incomplete trigger group for constraint "<unnamed>"
> FOREIGN KEY cd_card(tender) REFERENCES cd_tender(id)
> DETAIL:  Found referenced table's DELETE trigger.

That is not an "error".

> CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER "<unnamed>" AFTER DELETE ON "cd_tender"  NOT
> DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
> "RI_FKey_noaction_del" ('<unnamed>', 'cd_card', 'cd_tender',
> 'UNSPECIFIED', 'tender', 'id');

This is one out of a group of three related triggers that ancient
Postgres versions used to use to implement foreign key constraints.
(Actually, modern versions still use related triggers, but they're
a bit better hidden now --- you shouldn't see them in pg_dump output,
for sure.)

The message is telling you that the system is waiting for the other two
matching trigger definitions so that it will have enough information to
create a regular FOREIGN KEY constraint.

If you are doing this as part of loading an old dump file, just ignore
the notice and keep going; everything should be fine.  If you are doing
this manually, maybe you had better explain why.