Re: KSQO parameter

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: KSQO parameter
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is there any value to KQSO parameter?  It was for complex OR clauses.  I
> thought Tom fixed most of that.

The last set of tests that I did (~7.0) showed that it was still
marginally faster than the default approach.  Not a "must have"
like it used to be for those queries, though.

As of 7.1 it is disabled anyway, because I didn't have time to update
the KSQO code for the new implementation of UNION and friends.

We should either update the code or remove it entirely.  I still don't
have the time or interest to do #1, but I'm not quite ready to do #2
either ... does anyone out there want to work on it?