Re: OID vs overall system performances on high load

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: OID vs overall system performances on high load
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Eric Lauzon" <eric.lauzon@abovesecurity.com> writes:
> I am still in the dark due to my lack of knowledge on internal OID management,but
> i would presume that a table with OID enable and that has high load would require
> some more work from pgsql internal to maintain the OID index for the database.

There is no "OID index"; at least not unless you choose to create one
for a given table.  The only thing particularly special about OID is
that there is an internal database-wide sequence generator for assigning
new values.  Otherwise it works a whole lot like a serial column.

Сообщение: Re: OID vs overall system performances on high load
Сообщение: Re: OID vs overall system performances on high load