Re: Connection timeout..

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Connection timeout..
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Williams, Travis L, NPONS" <tlw@att.com> writes:
> Is there a setting somewhere for a connection timeout.. or will a
> established connection stay up till it is closed?

No, and yes.

However, we do enable TCP KEEPALIVE mode on TCP connections.  So if
network connectivity to the client is lost, the kernel will eventually
time out and close the connection.  The length of the keepalive timeout
is kernel-dependent but should be an hour or more in RFC-compliant
implementations...