Re: [SQL] undocumented setval()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [SQL] undocumented setval()
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Cedar Cox <cedarc@visionforisrael.com> writes:
> When looking through a dump file, I noticed a setval(text, int,
> bool).  What is this?  It doesn't appear to be documented.

The bool parameter sets the is_called state bit of the sequence.
Without this you can't restore a sequence to a virgin "never nextval'd"
state.

Actually, none of the sequence-related functions are documented in
what I'd call a proper way.  I think there should be a separate section
of the user's guide "Functions and Operators" chapter that describes
them --- not a large section, but a section nonetheless.  Any
volunteers to write it?