Re: pgsql/src/bin/pg_dump pg_dumpall.sh

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql/src/bin/pg_dump pg_dumpall.sh
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS) writes:
> Modified files:
>     src/bin/pg_dump: pg_dumpall.sh

> Log message:
>     Fix pg_upgrade to handle dbnames, user/group names with spaces.

I think it's illusory to imagine that this fixes the issue.  Unless
"read"'s behavior is more tightly specified than I think, you are still
gonna have trouble with leading, trailing, or consecutive blanks.

I'm also concerned that you've opened up portability issues concerning
newlines embedded in shell literals (eg, does that sed command portably
do what you think?).