Re: WAL file location

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WAL file location
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> Having said all that, I still believe that this is something tailor-made for
> postgresql.conf.

Well, exactly.  Regardless of how serious you may think the security
argument is, it still remains that a config-file entry seems the ideal
way to do it.  I can't see any good argument in favor of relying on
environment variables instead.  They don't bring any new functionality
to the party; and we have an awful lot of work invested in putting all
sorts of functionality into the GUC module.  I think that doing
configuration-like stuff outside the GUC framework is now something that
we should resist --- or at least have a darn good reason for it when we
do it.