BUG #18528: Installer displays error when installing

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #18528: Installer displays error when installing
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      18528
Logged by:          Chris Ware
Email address:      christopher.m.ware@nasa.gov
PostgreSQL version: 15.7
Operating system:   Windows 11

This probably isn't the right place to submit this finding, but I couldn't
find any other place to submit it.
If this is not the correct forum for this kind of support, can you please
redirect me to the correct place?
I'm trying to install the PostgreSQL 15.7 installer onto a Microsoft Surface
Pro 9 running Windows 10.
I'm running as an administrator, and I've also clicked "Run as
Administrator" as well.  I receive the following two errors:
1: "Error copying from packed archive
c:/Install/folder/postgresql-15.7.2-windows-x64.exe to
C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp/postgresql_installer_f34465eff3/prerun_checks.vbs:Destination
not writable"
2. "There has been an error. system's temp folder is not writable by the
current user."

The error messages have forward slashes '/' instead of back slashes '\'.
Not sure it that makes a difference or not.
The installer does appear to work on Desktop type computers.
Since I am an administrator on the system and the installer is trying to
write files to the directory owned by this user, it seems to be a problem
with the installer on this type of hardware.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Chris