Re: pg_ctl bug or feature?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_ctl bug or feature?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> data_directory = '/usr/local/pgsql/data2'               # use data in

> -bash-3.00$ bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/etc stop

Fixing this would seem to require teaching pg_ctl how to parse the
postgresql.conf file, which might be worth doing but it's a bit of
a large pain in the neck compared to the benefit ...

(For the record, I never did like the file-location-configuration
patch, and one of the reasons is the havoc it plays with the apparently
simple meaning of the -D switch.)