Re: POC: converting Lists into arrays

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: POC: converting Lists into arrays
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> Using the attached patch (as text file so as not to upset the CFbot),
> which basically just measures and logs the time taken to run
> pg_plan_query. ...
> Surprisingly it took 1.13% longer.  I did these tests on an AWS
> md5.large instance.

Interesting.  Seems to suggest that maybe the cases I discounted
as being infrequent aren't so infrequent?  Another possibility
is that the new coding adds more cycles to foreach() loops than
I'd hoped for.

Anyway, it's just a POC; the main point at this stage is to be
able to make such comparisons at all.  If it turns out that we
*can't* make this into a win, then all that bellyaching about
how inefficient Lists are was misinformed ...