Re: Re: Timestamp without time zone

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Timestamp without time zone
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com> writes:
> AP> Why do you _want_ to remove timezone from values in database? There is
> AP> definitely a way to work around whatever problem you are having.

> Because my normal date parsing routines from perl's Date::Parse
> library don't recognize it, and fail to parse the date.

Leaving aside the question of whether Date::Parse isn't broken and in
need of fixing (the timestamp output format *is* ISO compliant),
it would seem that your answer lies in using to_char() to format the
timestamp value the way your client code wants, rather than expecting
the default output format to exactly meet your needs.  You're not really
asking for a timestamp without timezone in the database, you're asking
how to suppress the timezone during display.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: