Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Append major version number and for libraries soname major

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Append major version number and for libraries soname major
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tuesday 16 December 2008 16:53:26 Tom Lane wrote:
>> I do not think this is an appropriate attitude for a committer to take.

> I would like to have this clarified, as I keep running afoul of it.

My two cents: I don't expect you to fix the MSVC scripts if you are
uninterested in doing so.  But it would be appropriate to post a note
to -hackers when you make a build system change that is going to need
to be reflected in those scripts.  The people who do care about MSVC
should not have to find that out by watching the buildfarm and then
trying to reverse-engineer the cause of a failure.