Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pageinspect: Try to fix some bugs in previous commit.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pageinspect: Try to fix some bugs in previous commit.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Ugh, yes.  Sorry, I should have checked this more carefully before
> commit.  I mentioned the problem in a previous review and failed to
> notice that it hadn't been fixed.  Are you taking care of it at this
> point or should I keep at it?

I'm about to push a fix that removes the crashes (or at least the ones
I see on dromedary), but there is still a problem, which is that the
expected output seems inherently platform-dependent:

*** /Users/tgl/pgsql/contrib/pageinspect/expected/hash.out      Thu Feb  2 21:30:54 2017
--- /Users/tgl/pgsql/contrib/pageinspect/results/hash.out       Thu Feb  2 22:55:43 2017
***************
*** 52,58 ****
  magic     | 105121344
  version   | 2
  ntuples   | 1
! ffactor   | 307
  bsize     | 8152
  bmsize    | 4096
  bmshift   | 15
--- 52,58 ----
  magic     | 105121344
  version   | 2
  ntuples   | 1
! ffactor   | 384
  bsize     | 8152
  bmsize    | 4096
  bmshift   | 15
***************
*** 107,113 ****
  live_items      | 1
  dead_items      | 0
  page_size       | 8192
! free_size       | 8128
  hasho_prevblkno | 4294967295
  hasho_nextblkno | 4294967295
  hasho_bucket    | 2
--- 107,113 ----
  live_items      | 1
  dead_items      | 0
  page_size       | 8192
! free_size       | 8132
  hasho_prevblkno | 4294967295
  hasho_nextblkno | 4294967295
  hasho_bucket    | 2

I think probably both of those are unavoidable 32-bit v 64-bit
differences due to available space on a page changing with MAXALIGN.
What do you want to do about those?

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pageinspect: Try to fix some bugs in previous commit.
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pageinspect: Try to fix some bugs in previous commit.