Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgreSQL.org> writes:
> On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 02:02:15AM +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
>> I haven't tested this, but we do use the system libraries for reading
>> numbers. So if they are locale-enabled, then locale-specific numbers
>> should be recognized...

> Yes, but the parser probably won't. It definitely only lists a decimal
> point.

We can't mess around with SQL syntax --- or would you like
SELECT 12,34;

to have locale-dependent results?

However, I think we could make the type-specific I/O routines for
appropriate types be locale-dependent.  So you could do
SELECT '12,34'::int4;

and get the desired behavior in a locale where , is the radix point.

OTOH, arrays of int might be tricky...