Re: [INTERFACES] linking error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] linking error
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
"Randall W. Barrett" <rbarr@shadow.net> writes:
> [rbarrett@localhost rbarrett]$ gcc -O3 -Wall sample1.c -I
> /usr/local/pgsql/include/ -L /usr/local/pgsql/lib/ -lpq

> /usr/local/pgsql/lib//libpq.a(fe-auth.o): In function
> `pg_password_sendauth':
> fe-auth.o(.text+0x17): undefined reference to `crypt'

> Does anyone know how I can fix this?  Need I upgrade to 6.4?

For the moment you should be able to fix it by adding -lcrypt to
the end of the gcc command.  I've been trying to fix things so that
it's not necessary to do that ...  but it's proving very hard to
make it work properly everywhere :-(.  Cross-references between
shared libraries seem not to be very portable on Unix systems yet.