Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add comments about why errno is

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add comments about why errno is
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> If people would like to see a detailed explanation of the
> interaction between strtol() and errno, a header comment to pg_strtol()
> seems a good place to put it. IMO that is better than copying and
> pasting a cryptic one-line comment to each and every callsite of
> strtol().

Next we'll be copying-and-pasting entire C-library man pages, no doubt.
I think this whole discussion is a waste of electrons, as are the
proposed comments.  No one ever asked for extra documentation in the
original coding in pg_atoi, or the other dozen or so places where we
have historically checked the result of strtol.  Why do we suddenly
feel it requires extra doc now?