Re: Case insensitive usernames

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Case insensitive usernames
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> Another way to help in this particular case would be to have libpq on
> win32 only force-lowercase the username IF it was retreived from the
> system (but not when manually specified).

Well, I personally don't care how bizarrely the Win32 port behaves ;-)
so I won't complain if something like that happens.  You should think
twice though about whether introducing this inconsistency is going to
be a net win, or whether it'll just move the confusion someplace else.

> Then if this was done the
> kerberos username-matching code would just have to be relaxed to be case
> insensitive (which it really should be, because AFAIK kerberos is
> supposed to be case insensitive),

This however bothers me; it seems like a potential security hole (create
kerberos principal FOO, use it to break into Foo's account).  Or does
kerberos guarantee FOO and Foo are the same?

Сообщение: Re: Oracle Style packages on postgres
Сообщение: Re: Oracle Style packages on postgres