BUG #18416: Confirmation of Issue with PostgreSQL ODBC Driver for Windows

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #18416: Confirmation of Issue with PostgreSQL ODBC Driver for Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      18416
Logged by:          norihiro kawagoshi
Email address:      nia@p1.tcnet.ne.jp
PostgreSQL version: 14.6
Operating system:   Windows10

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I would like to request your
assistance in checking an issue related to the PostgreSQL ODBC.

Our current environment is as follows:

OS:Windows10
PostgreSQL version: 14.7
ODBC version:PostgreSQL Unicode 16.00
SOFT:Microsoft ACCESS for office 365 (16.012624.20422) 32Bit

 am reaching out to you regarding an issue I have encountered while using
Microsoft Access to create a linked table to a PostgreSQL VIEW and
executing
a specific SQL query, which resulted in an error. I would like to inquire
about the cause of this error.

The SQL query that generates the error is as follows:

SELECT left(tseisan_v_test_a.[A1],3) AS leftkansu, tseisan_v_test_b.[A1]
FROM tseisan_v_test_a LEFT JOIN tseisan_v_test_b ON tseisan_v_test_a.[A1]
=
tseisan_v_test_b.[A1]
WHERE left(tseisan_v_test_a.[A1],3)='110';

When I execute the above query, I receive the following error message:
"ODBC--call failed. ERROR: syntax error at or near ")"; Error while
executing the query (#1)."

I have confirmed that the condition WHERE
left(tseisan_v_test_a.[A1],3)='110' executes correctly without the LEFT
JOIN. However, when I try to use the LEFT or RIGHT functions after
performing a LEFT JOIN, an error occurs. On the other hand, I have
verified
that the MID function can be used without issues. Additionally, I have
confirmed that the same SQL statement does not generate an error when
processed in PGADMIN, suggesting that the problem may be specific to
Access.

I suspect that the ODBC driver may not be able to interpret the use of the
LEFT function within the WHERE clause following a LEFT JOIN. If the
problem
lies with the ODBC driver, I kindly request that it be corrected.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to your prompt
response.