Re: Max length of SQL statement

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Max length of SQL statement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Carmen Wai" <wai_carmen@hotmail.com> writes:
> Do any one know the max length of a SQL statement?

There is no specific limit; it'll depend on available memory and
complexity of the statement.  I've run tests with multi-megabyte
string literals, tens of thousands of WHERE clauses, etc.

MySQL's "crashme" test program attempts to discover the maximum length
of a SQL statement in the tested database.  The last time I tried it,
I was highly amused to watch the test program run out of memory and dump
core before Postgres did.  (This was a couple years back, so maybe
they've fixed their problem by now.)