Re: Upgrading a database dump/restore

От Mark Woodward
Тема Re: Upgrading a database dump/restore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Indeed. The main issue for me is that the dumping and replication
> setups require at least 2x the space of one db. That's 2x the
> hardware which equals 2x $$$. If there were some tool which modified
> the storage while postgres is down, that would save lots of people
> lots of money.

Its time and money. Stoping a database and staring with new software is a
lot faster than dumping the data out (disallowing updates or inserts) and
restoring the data can take hours or days *and* twice the hardware.

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading a database dump/restore
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading a database dump/restore