Re: [HACKERS] Retire src/backend/port/dynloader/linux.c ?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Retire src/backend/port/dynloader/linux.c ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/18/16 10:19 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Shouldn't we just remove that code?
>
> What for?  It's maintenance-free ... hasn't been touched since 2004.
> While I agree with you that it's *probably* dead code, it's hard to
> see much upside from removing it.
>
> If we want to get into arguing whether code is dead or not, there's
> an awful lot of potentially removable stuff in the tree, but I doubt
> it's worth the trouble to figure out what's really dead.

If someone wants to dive into it, I think you could probably remove most
or all of the prehistoric pre-dlopen code for *bsd and darwin as well.

The hpux and win32 code could be moved to libpgport, and then we could
just call dlopen() etc. directly and remove this whole subdirectory.