Re: The case of PostgreSQL on NFS Server (II)

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: The case of PostgreSQL on NFS Server (II)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Apr 2, 2015, at 5:09 PM, Octavi Fors <octavi@live.unc.edu> wrote:

> And second, because I need the database to be accessible from two computers in the same LAN.

If you do this, you will destroy your database[1].

Why not have the database running on one machine, all the time, potentially with a real disk subsystem then just access
itfrom wherever on the LAN you need to? Postgresql is a client-server database, and you can access it over the network
aseasily as you can from the machine it's running on.

Cheers,
  Steve

[1] Almost certainly, unless you make absolutely sure postgresql is only started on one machine at a time, amongst
otherthings.