RE: run both 7.0.3 and 7.1

От Matthew
Тема RE: run both 7.0.3 and 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes... with 7.1 you can specify the location of the Unix socket file.  If
you want to connect to the 7.1 server you will have to specify the which
Unix socket file to use.  This is done with the host option ( the -h option
) as the path to the file.  For example if you specified the Unix file to be
located in the /usr/local/pg71 directory, you would do:

psql -h /usr/local/pg71

I think in this way, you can run as many copies of 7.1 as you would like as
long as they are all located in different directories.  The location of the
Unix socket file is specified in the new Grand Unified Configuration (GUC)
file, so you don't have to recompile to set it.

Hope that helps.

Matt O'Connor