data problem

От Matthew
Тема data problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm running postgresql 6.5.1 on Redhat 6.0.  I am trying to move a
database to a new box running 6.5.3.  So I tried a 'pg_dump db_name >
db_name.out' so that I could restore the database to the new server.
The pg_dump command failed with the following error:

pqWait() -- connection not open
PQendcopy: resetting connection
SQL query to dump the contents of Table 'taxbilldocs' did not execute
correctly.
  After we read all the table contents from the backend, PQendcopy()
failed.  Ex
planation from backend: 'pqWait() -- connection not open
'.
The query was: 'COPY "taxbilldocs" TO stdout;
'.

It always happens on the same table.  I went into psql to see if I could
see anything wrong.  if I do a 'select * from taxbilldocs where docid
like '111%';'  or any other query taht returns a limited result set it
succedes.  However if I do a 'select * from taxbilldocs' it fails with
the following error:

Backend message type 0x44 arrived while idle
Backend message type 0x44 arrived while idle
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.
  Terminating.

I don't know what to do.  Is there a tool out there for integrity
checking / fixing of pgsql data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt O'Connor