Re: [SQL] indexing arrays in pgaccess's query interface is failing

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [SQL] indexing arrays in pgaccess's query interface is failing
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
[ redirected to pgsql-interfaces, which seems a more appropriate venue ]

David Stanaway <david@netventures.com.au> writes:
> --.. And now the query that I am having problems with.
>
> SELECT itID, itProperties[akID], akName
> FROM items, arraykeys;
>
> In pgaccess,
> when I try to execute the same query in query builder,
> I get the tcl error dialogue:
> Error: invalid command name "akID"

Someone isn't quoting the query string correctly on the Tcl side ---
[akID] is Tclese for command substitution.  Sounds like pgaccess expects
the user to quote command punctuation characters that should be passed
through.  Not sure if that should be regarded as a bug or a feature.
It could be considered a feature that you can enter SQL commands with
Tcl command substitution performed on them, but it's something that
would confuse non-Tcl-users a lot.