Re: BUG #16037: Assertion fails in varbit_out

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16037: Assertion fails in varbit_out
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 2019-10-04 01:34:48 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> D'oh ... bitshiftright() needs to do the zero-pad-fixup in both
>> code paths.  Will fix it tomorrow.

> Does that suggest we shouldn't make the asserts active in the branches <
> 12?

No, it just means the previous patch was an incomplete fix.  The
whole point of the asserts was to flush out cases where we weren't
padding correctly, and they just did that :-)

(Besides which, we discourage people from running with asserts on
in production, so I don't quite see what your concern is.)