Re: tsearch filenames unlikes special symbols and numbers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tsearch filenames unlikes special symbols and numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> Oh, my god, I see we dictate extensions !
> Folk, this is too much ! Now, we dictate extensions '.dict, .affix, .stop',
> what else ?

> Does it defined by ispell template only, or it's global requirements ?

It's the callers of get_tsearch_config_filename() that specify the
extension, so AFAICS each dictionary can do what it wants.  I don't see
the problem with enforcing an extension: it keeps the namespaces for
different kinds of files separate, and it gets us out of the potential
security risk of allowing access to "." or "..".

I remain of the opinion that we don't really want the SQL-command
definitions of dictionaries to expose the fact that these are files at
all.  We should be thinking of the command parameters as identifiers.