Re: Postgresql Install Problems and Mac OS X

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgresql Install Problems and Mac OS X
Дата
Re: Postgresql Install Problems and Mac OS X  (Stephan Hochhaus <stephan@yauh.de>)
Список pgsql-novice
Lola Lee <lola@his.com> writes:
> Anyone here know anything about running Postgresql on the OS X
> platform?

It works fine (I use it regularly).

> Computer:~ postgres$ /usr/local/bin/createdb test
> createdb: could not connect to database template1: could not connect
> to server: No such file or directory
>          Is the server running locally and accepting
>          connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

> Yes, server is running

Evidently not.  You'll need to go find out why it didn't start.
One likely possibility is that shared_buffers and related parameters
are set too high --- by default, OS X has a pretty tight limit on
the size of shared-memory requests, and it's easy to exceed it.

> I'm using the Liyange package from http://www.entropy.ch, if this helps.

I don't know where that package puts the postmaster's error output,
but that is what you should look for.