Re: How to store query result into another table using stored procedure

От Erik Wienhold
Тема Re: How to store query result into another table using stored procedure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 09/06/2023 07:51 CEST Rama Krishnan <raghuldrag@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> CREATE or REPLACE PROCEDURE deleted_cards_count_test(start_date TIMESTAMP, end_date TIMESTAMP) AS $$
> DECLARE
> current_date TIMESTAMP;
> month_start_date TIMESTAMP;
> month_end_date TIMESTAMP;
> month24_end_date TIMESTAMP;
> no_deleted_cards bigint;
> BEGIN
> current_date := start_date;
> month_end_date := to_char(date_trunc('month', current_date) + interval '24 month - 1 day' + interval '23 hours 59
minutes5 seconds','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS');

> Create temporary table if not exists temp_teport_results(
> month_start_date TIMESTAMP,
> no_deleted_cards bigint
> );
>
> EXECUTE format('
> SELECT COUNT(1) filter (where status =''Undigitized'' and reason is null and updated_date between %L and %L)
no_deleted_cardsfrom digi_card where created_date between %L and %L

> group by months',current_date,month_end_date)INTO no_deleted_cards;
>
> Insert into temp_teport_results (month_start_date,no_deleted_cards) VALUES (month_start_date,no_deleted_cards);
> --- display result
> select * from temp_teport_results;
> END;
> $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;
>
> It was created successfully, but when I called this procedure with parameters.
> i am getting this below error ,Pls guide me to fix the issue
>
> CALL deleted_cards_count_test( '2019-03-01 00:00:00', '2021-03-31 23:59:59');
> ERROR: too few arguments for format()
> CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function deleted_cards_count_test(timestamp without time zone,timestamp without time zone) line 16
atEXECUTE

The problem is that you expect four arguments in format to fill the four %L.
You can reuse the two arguments by using %1$L and %2$L for the third and fourth
occurence of %L.

But I don't think you need EXECUTE format() at all.  You can instead write
an INSERT SELECT statement and use the plpgsql variables in place of the format
placeholders %L:

    INSERT INTO temp_teport_results (month_start_date, no_deleted_cards)
    SELECT count(1) FILTER (
      WHERE status = 'Undigitized' AND reason IS NULL
      AND updated_date BETWEEN current_date AND month_end_date  -- uses the variables
    )

You may want to prefix the variable names with v_ to easily spot them and
reduce the likelyhood of conflicts with column names.  Otherwise qualify the
variable names with the procedure name to avoid conflicts.  See the docs on
variable substitution:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/plpgsql-implementation.html#PLPGSQL-VAR-SUBST

--
Erik

От: Mohsin Kazmi
Сообщение: Active Active PostgreSQL Solution
От: Andreas Kretschmer
Сообщение: Re: Active Active PostgreSQL Solution