Re: WIP: Deferrable unique constraints

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WIP: Deferrable unique constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@googlemail.com> writes:
> 2009/7/27 Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>:
>> On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 16:33 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> If we did add another column to pg_trigger, I'd be a bit tempted to add
>>> one to pg_constraint too.
>>
>> That would work great for me, as I was planning to add such a column
>> anyway for my "generalized index constraints" patch.

> Yes that seems like the most sensible option to me.

Okay.  I will go off and do that, then come back to Dean's patch.
Proposed names:
pg_trigger.tgconstrindid    analogous to tgconstrrelidpg_constraint.conuindid        analogous to confrelid

where the latter will be populated for any unique or pkey constraint.
The former will be always 0 for the moment, but we'll start filling
it in with Dean's patch.

(thinks...)  Actually, u for unique might be a poor choice if Jeff's
patch goes in and starts using it for things that aren't exactly
unique indexes.  Should it be just conindid?