Re: Missing uuid_generate_v1()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Missing uuid_generate_v1()
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mike Christensen <mike@kitchenpc.com> writes:
> Yup that's exactly what I did..  I'm on 10.04, which doesn't have
> libuuid 1.6 in the software repository, go figure..

Oh ... we're in package-naming hell, is where we are.  Poking around
some more on my Fedora 13 box, I find I have two different, similarly
named packages:

$ rpm -qa | grep uuid
uuid-1.6.1-11.fc13.x86_64
libuuid-2.17.2-8.fc13.x86_64
uuid-devel-1.6.1-11.fc13.x86_64
libuuid-devel-2.17.2-8.fc13.x86_64
$ rpm -ql uuid-1.6.1-11.fc13.x86_64
/usr/bin/uuid
/usr/lib64/libossp-uuid.so.16
/usr/lib64/libossp-uuid.so.16.0.21
... and some doc files ...
$ rpm -ql libuuid-2.17.2-8.fc13.x86_64
/lib64/libuuid.so.1
/lib64/libuuid.so.1.3.0

The file you actually want, on Fedora (and, I bet, on Ubuntu),
is libossp-uuid.so.16.  But apparently EDB's package was built on some
platform where uuid's library is installed as just "libuuid.so.16".
Maybe they used a homebuilt copy instead of an official platform
distribution?

If you have a libossp-uuid.so.16, you might try symlinking libuuid.so.16
to that instead of carrying a separate file.

Сообщение: Re: Missing uuid_generate_v1()
Сообщение: Re: Missing uuid_generate_v1()