Re: Performance of PostgreSQL and Oracle

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Performance of PostgreSQL and Oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
lai yoke hman <lllhman@hotmail.com> writes:
> I have seen some performance testing indicates that apparently the PostgreSQL 8 is faster in writing data while seems
likeOracle 10g is better in reading data from database, can any one tell me why? Or is there anyone done performance
benchmarkon them before?

You won't find anything particularly definitive on this, because Oracle
forbids publishing benchmarks of their software.

От: lai yoke hman
Сообщение: Performance of PostgreSQL and Oracle
От: "Harald Armin Massa"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies