Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016/12/16 17:38, Greg Stark wrote:
> Just poking around with partitioning. I notice that "\d parent"
> doesn't list all the partitions, suggesting to use \d+ but a plain
> "\d" does indeed list the partitions. That seems a bit strange and
> also probably impractical if you have hundreds or thousands of
> partitions. Has this come up in previous discussions? Unfortunately
> it's proving a bit hard to search for "\d" :/

Do you mean a plain "\d" (without an argument) should not list tables that
are partitions?  I think that might be preferable.  That would mean, we
list only the root partitioned tables with a plain "\d".

Regarding "\d parent", it does the same thing as regular inheritance, but
using the term "partition" instead of "child table".  Without specifying a
+ (\d parent), one gets just "Number of partitions: # (Use \d+ to list
them.)" and with + (\d+ parent), one gets the full list of partitions
showing the partition bound with each.

Thanks,
Amit

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take