Re: Inconsistency between postgresql.conf and docs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Inconsistency between postgresql.conf and docs
Дата
Re: Inconsistency between postgresql.conf and docs
Список pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> My preference would be to have:
>>
>> # REPLICATION
>>
>> # - Master Settings -
>> # these settings affect the master role in replication
>> # they will be ignored on the standby
>>
>> ... settings ...
>>
>> # - Standby Settings -
>> # these settings affect the standby role in replication
>> # they will be ignored on the master
>>
>> ... settings ...
>>

>> That's how I've been setting up the file for my customers; it's fairly
>> clear and understandable.

> Looks better than it's now. Anyway, if you change those, you would
> need to change also the config_group in guc.c.

OK, so the plan is to move these settings into a separate top-level
group "Replication", and sub-divide into master and standby settings,
removing the current classification for "streaming" versus
"synchronous"?  That makes sense to me too, but it touches code as
well as docs ... last call for objections ...